We stepped into this project after it was 30% complete by another contractor and the homeowner realized that the other contractor was making a mess of the project and had gotten in over their heads.
Existing situation was this: The tub was installed 1.5” out of level, fiberglass shoved tightly into walls, drywall applied (no vapor barrier), and the contractor had cut out 2 floor joists to run plumbing which caused the floor to sag.
EXISTING PROBLEM: Our Client told me that the biggest problem was that this room was the coldest room in the house and wanted to address this.
SCOPE OF PROJECT:
- Had a structural Engineer Okay the Joist Situation after we Repaired
- Leveled the floor of the bathroom – really badly out of level
- Removed Tub
- Tore open all drywall and insulation
- We installed Spray-Foam insulation in both the outside walls of the bathroom +
- Re-installed Tub
- New plumbing fixtures in tub and vanity area
- Vanity & Marble Sink
- Tile Floors and Shower
- Tile Wainscoting
- New Bathroom Entry Door
- Panasonic Exhaust Fan
- Toto Toilet
- Prime and Paint
- Glass on window: from Franklin Art Glass Studios in Columbus
+Our Client let us know several weeks after we finished that this bathroom is now the warmest room in the house – and was very excited about this.