Our Clients have told us that what they appreciated most was the communicative, personable, and organized Design/Build approach from us from start to finish.
Design/Build is a proven philosophy of delivering construction projects in which the Contractor is the Project Leader and a single source of accountability to the homeowner. Design/Build, when carried out by a skilled and experienced team like Scott Hall Remodeling, provides the highest level of satisfaction and value to the homeowner.
At Scott Hall Remodeling, we’ve implemented an easy-to-follow, streamlined Design/Build approach to solving your remodeling needs. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you the highest level of customer service from our complimentary consultation through project completion.
8 STEPS of the SHR Design/Build Process
Step 1: Complimentary Consultation
The purpose of this meeting, held at our office in downtown Columbus, is to get to know each other and develop a clear understanding of your wants and needs regarding the project. During this meeting we will:
- Discuss your initial questions, concerns, and conceptual ideas.
- Establish the goals of the project.
- Show you examples of completed projects by reviewing the Scott Hall Remodeling portfolio.
- Establish a preliminary budget range and timeline for the project.
- By assembling all of this information up front, we will be most effective when we move on to the next steps in the process.
Decision Point: At the conclusion of this meeting, we will make a decision about whether moving forward. If moving forward, you will provide a small retainer and we will set the date/time to complete the In-Home Assessment.
Step 2: In-Home Assessment
Scott Hall, the owner of the company, will personally come out to meet with you in your home to complete a physical inspection of the space. The goals of this meeting are to:
- Assess the space to ensure it matches the goals of the project.
- Address specific questions and project information.
- Make recommendations for project adjustments if needed.
- Take photographs and measurements to use for preliminary planning.
Recommendations for getting the most value out of this meeting:
- Have all decision makers present so everyone’s ideas, questions and concerns can be addressed.
- Minimize distractions (pets, kids, phones, etc.).
- Share any additional photos/drawings of your ideas.
Step 3: Preliminary Design
All of the collected information from the In-Home Assessment will be taken back to our office so the Scott Hall Remodeling team can assemble the following:
- Scope of Work Overview (a detailed assessment of the project).
- Recommended target budget range.
- Floor plans and 3D renderings as needed.
- Selections list for products and finishes.
- A meeting will be scheduled, at our office, to present this information.
Decision Point: At the conclusion of the Design Presentation meeting, another opportunity will be given to make a decision about whether moving forward to the next step makes sense. If moving forward:
- A Design Agreement is signed and a design retainer collected.
- Hardcopies of the scope of work overview and selection sheets become available to you.
Step 4: Design Development
The Scott Hall Remodeling team will work with you to develop and finalize the design and scope of work for your custom project. We will work with you to:
- Finalize the design.
- Make product selections.
- Make color choices.
- Provide additional design / color consultation as needed.
Once the design and selections are finalized, we will engage our dedicated construction team and trade partner specialists to finalize the total investment of the project.
Step 5: Financing and Contract
Your initial retainer and the design retainer will be applied toward the payment schedule of the project. We can also provide assistance with financing, if desired.
Step 6: Pre-Construction Preparations and Planning
During this time the Scott Hall Remodeling team will work to finalize all of the details of the project including:
- File all required paperwork and drawings for permits as needed.
- Order all products to arrive prior to start of project.
- Create a project schedule / Gantt chart.
- Schedule a pre-construction meeting with the team to introduce you to your project manager.
- Discuss logistics of working in your home.
- Coordinate construction schedule with trade partners.
- Schedule deliveries of materials to job site.
Step 7: Construction
The entire Scott Hall Remodeling team will work to ensure this process is as smooth as possible. We take extra steps to ensure that we are respectful of your space and needs:
- Prepare demo areas and all finished surfaces with scratch protection. This includes common areas and areas between the entry area of home and project area.
- Installation of a Hospital Grade HEPA filtration unit to reduce dust contamination throughout your home.
- Perform construction per our design and detailed construction agreement.
- Weekly meetings will take place between project manager and homeowner to address any additional requirements or concerns as they arise during the project.
- Collection of milestone payments as per the construction agreement.
- When construction is complete, a final walk through is performed with the homeowner to prepare a punch list to identify any additional touch ups/concerns.
- Completion form is signed.
Step 8: Warranty
Scott Hall Remodeling uses quality products and materials, so you can feel confident that your project will have lasting value. We provide a one-year product and labor warranty on all items that we provide and install. Please note, items not provided by or installed by Scott Hall Remodeling are not covered by this warranty. We can provide assistance with manufacturer’s warranties as needed. A hard copy of our warranty is provided.
Take the next step to your well planned and well executed remodel. Call Scott Hall Remodeling at 614-806-3200 or Click Here to Contact Us…